Why Do Our IT Employees Keep Leaving?
These are some reasons why your techs might keep leaving their positions:
- Have you ever asked them to work when they were sick?
- Did they have to work when they were on vacation?
- Do you even know how often they had to work after hours?
- Is your staff demanding?
- Is lack of compensation motivating to them leave?
- Do they have resources to rely on when they need more expertise or extra hands?
- Is there a structure or system in place that defines their responsibilities?
- Is your IT person learning new things and feeling engaged in their work?
- Is their job too easy and not challenging them?
Stop for a minute and think about what your IT staff does. While they do need enough money to survive, they likely they won’t be motivated by a bonus. Your techs may need support, or the space to work on projects that they’ve been putting on the back burner. They may need an IT expertise that they don’t have. Or, perhaps they need to take the time to train on a new IT solution but they’re too busy to do so.
It can be tough when you’re the only IT guy in an office.
How Can We Keep Our IT Guy Happy?
Being part of a team relieves and reduces most of the above mentioned “ball and chain” problems. Having a team to rely on when they need to take time off, or when after-hours work is required, can make all the difference.
Do We Need Supplemental IT Help?
This is a great option when the cost of hiring a full team of IT members isn’t economically feasible. It can relieve the undue pressure on your techs without breaking the bank.
They’ll have the support they need when things get busy. It’s also a great way to get the IT expertise your tech might not have. With technology evolving and changing so quickly, it’s not reasonable for one IT employee to know everything.
Businesses in Utah and Idaho often find that IT runs better, faster and is more reliable and secure when their techs get the Supplemental IT services they need.
How Will Using Supplemental IT Help Our Tech Staff And Business?
A Supplemental IT Solution can give your IT employees the additional support they need to optimize IT performance and accomplish their tasks efficiently. It’s a solution that offers numerous benefits.
Here are just 10 ways that using Supplemental IT support will help your tech and your business:
- It will free them up to focus on higher priority objectives that improve your IT functions.
- They’ll have the help they need to get essential technology projects completed on time.
- They’ll have the time to keep your technology running optimally.
- In times where they need expertise that they don’t have, like when migrating cloud solutions, virtualization or IT security enhancements, you’ll have techs who specialize in a variety of IT capabilities and can provide the technical help they need for special projects.
- Your techs will have what they need to move to an enterprise-level security platform with next-generation firewalls, data leak prevention, intrusion detection, encryption, dark web monitoring, two-factor authentication, single sign-on solutions, and more. With the rapid rise in hacking and phishing, there’s no such thing as too much cybersecurity.
- Your business will benefit from independent reviews of your IT infrastructure. No matter how good your tech is, he could overlook some important things. With independent auditing of your network, you’re much more likely to catch and resolve issues that could cause major problems.
- As your company expands and technology evolves, your tech must stay on top of emerging technologies and best practices. With a supplemental team, they’ll have the advisory services to help develop an IT plan that will grow as your business does. IT planning for the future is essential for business growth.
- Your tech can finally take that deserved vacation or stay at home when he’s not well. You can call your Supplemental IT Team on an as-needed basis.
- No more overworked techs who could make mistakes that cost your business in IT reliability and security issues. This alone justifies the use of Supplemental IT.
- As your business grows, you may need to scale up your efforts. Rather than hiring more technicians, you can use Supplemental IT on a month-to-month basis. If you find you no longer need as much assistance, you can quickly scale back. You’re never locked in. Services are easy to scale up or down.
Will Supplemental IT Cost Much?
Supplemental IT Services provide the help you need at budget-friendly prices. With proactive services that keep your IT assets running smoothly, you’ll know that you’re getting the most out of every technology dollar. Supplemental IT professionals can also handle things like scheduled maintenance, remote monitoring, help desk services, and account management–all for one predictable monthly fee.
Unlock your tech from the “ball and chain,” and keep them working for you with help from a Supplemental IT team.