Windows Server 2012 R2 provides powerful features designed to support the needs of modern business networks. Supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 can be a complicated process that requires extensive knowledge of this operating system. An IT company specializing in this OS makes all the difference in maximizing performance and empowering your workforce.
Services Provided for Supporting Windows Server
Managed IT support companies offer a range of services to help you get the most out of this OS.
- License Registration: Microsoft’s licensing options are not always easy to figure out. The IT support company determines the right type and number of licenses for your needs.
- Antivirus Updates: Maintaining a safe and secure business network is essential when many companies suffer from data breaches. Your antivirus definitions stay up to date and any concerning alerts get investigated.
- Migrations: Migrating data and settings between Windows Server versions require a complete understanding of how to prepare for the move. The IT specialists check for compatibility, make configuration changes and ensure that the migration goes smoothly.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Deployment: The deployment process is complex and has many moving parts. The IT support company creates and executes a deployment plan designed specifically for your business.
- Ongoing Monitoring: Your IT infrastructure needs change over time and the initial Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration may not be optimal as your company grows. An IT managed services company monitors your network for performance issues and continually optimizes it.
- Upgrading to Windows Server 2012 R2: Windows 2008 Server gets retired on January 14th, 2020. If you still use this operating system, it’s time to start planning for an upgrade and bringing in the expert help needed to make it possible.
Benefits of Working with an IT Company Specializing in Supporting Windows Server
You have access to many IT support companies, but not all of them work with Windows Server. You receive many benefits from choosing to go with a company that has Windows Server 2012 R2 focused services, rather than choosing a general IT managed services provider.
The biggest advantage of this approach is having access to IT experts that know everything about this OS. They keep up to date on the latest changes, have hands-on experience, and can objectively evaluate your IT infrastructure. Hiring IT workers with an in-demand skill set is an expensive prospect, especially when you only need assistance occasionally. The IT support company gives you a cost-effective way of getting the resources you need without incurring the expense of a full-time employee.
During high demand times, such as a migration or deployment, your in-house IT team could use extra hands on deck to avoid overworking the staff. An IT company complements your team and assists them during resource-intensive projects.
The modern business network environment is complex and demanding. Without the help of specialized IT experts, it’s impossible to take advantage of the full power of Windows 2012 R2. Get the help you need for supporting Windows Server through an IT support company that has the necessary expertise.